Thrive is hiring a CAP Coordinator!
Thrive believes that when families are strong, children succeed, and communities thrive . The Child Advancement Project (CAP) is one of Thrive’s signature programs and is designed to increase success for all children in the Bozeman and Big Sky public schools by matching students (k-12) with community volunteers to engage in in-school mentoring throughout the school year.
The CAP Coordinator is responsible for providing support to students, families, and school staff by:
– Coordinating 100+ community-member volunteers and facilitating their participation in the school-based CAP Mentoring program
– Working as a partner with the Bozeman School District to ensure students receive extraordinary one-on-one mentoring in order to increase academic and social competency and to enhance students’ opportunity for academic challenge.
This position works in both Gallatin High School, Chief Joseph Middle School, and the Thrive office; employees in this position travel between sites daily.
● A terrific Mission Statement: To ensure that all children have every opportunity to grow, succeed, and become valuable members of our community
● An outstanding, vibrant culture with an established reputation of proven, evidence-based programs
● A 37-year history of successful fundraising efforts both locally and nationally, recently resulting in the most successful fundraising campaign in Thrive’s history
● A new, organization-owned office in West Bozeman
● An organization-wide commitment to education and action surrounding diversity, equity, & inclusion
● Comprehensive benefits, including: paid sick, vacation, and holiday time, paid health insurance, retirement contribution, hybrid work schedules, and more!
● A passionate and strength-based approach to engaging students and community members
● Excellent engagement and relationship-building skills
● A team-based mentality
● A solution-based personality with a good sense of humor
● A strong commitment to and understanding of the positive growth and development of students.
● Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior and performance, including child and human development
● Experience with volunteer coordination
● Experience working with or within schools
● A four-year degree in education, sociology, psychology, or related field
● 1-2 years of related work experience
● Or, an equal combination of education and work experience
We’ll Also Love If You Have:
• A passion for seeing children and families thrive.
Note: This position may occasionally require the ability to be contacted for and/or participate in work-related events or tasks outside of normal working hours.
If you are a team player and thrive on bringing people together to accomplish a common goal in a positive and fast paced environment, please submit the following:
1) Cover Letter
3) Two letters of Recommendation
Please send to:
Attn: Chris Gianuario
407 S Ferguson Ave.
Bozeman, MT 59718
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please put “CAP Coordinator – GHS & CJMS” in the subject line.**
Compensation: $32,736/yr + Benefits
Employment type: 40/week, School-Based (Summers off)
CAP Coordinator Position Description