Thrive is hiring a CAP Coordinator!
Thrive believes that when families are strong, children succeed, and communities thrive. The Child Advancement Project (CAP) is one of Thrive’s signature programs and is designed to increase success for all children in the Bozeman and Big Sky public schools by matching students (k-12) with community volunteers to engage in in-school mentoring throughout the school year.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing support to volunteers, students, families, and school staff by:
– Coordinating 30+ community-member volunteers and facilitating their participation in the school-based CAP Mentoring program
– Working as a partner with the school district to ensure students receive extraordinary one on-one mentoring in order to increase academic and social competency and to enhance students’ opportunity for academic challenge.
This position works in each of the Big Sky Public Schools with occasional travel to the Thrive office in Bozeman (with paid mileage); employees in this position operate primarily out of the Big Sky Public Schools, subject to change pending COVID-19 restrictions.
• A terrific Mission Statement: To ensure that all children have every opportunity to grow, succeed, and become valuable members of our community
•A terrific Mission Statement: To ensure that all children have every opportunity to grow, succeed, and become valuable members of our community
• An outstanding, vibrant culture with an office located in Downtown Bozeman
• Comprehensive benefits, including: paid sick, vacation, and holiday time, retirement contribution, and more!
• A passionate and strengthbased approach to engaging students and community members
• Excellent engagement and relationship-building skills
• A team-based mentality
• A solution-based personality with a good sense of humor
• A strong commitment to and understanding of the positive growth and development of students.
• Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior and performance, including child and human development
• Experience with volunteer coordination
• A four-year degree in education, sociology, psychology, or related field
• 1+ years of related work experience
• Or, an equal combination of education and work experience
We’ll Also Love If You Have:
A passion for seeing children and families thrive.
If you are a team player and thrive on bringing people together to accomplish a common goal in a positive and fast paced environment, please submit the following:
1) Cover Letter
3) Two letters of Recommendation
Please send to:
Attn: Chris Gianuario
400 E Babcock
Bozeman, MT 59715
email to email@example.com
**Please put “CAP Coordinator – Big Sky” in the subject line.**
Compensation: $13,000/yr + Benefits (mileage negotiable)
Employment type: 20 hours/week, School-Based (Summers off)