Thrive is hiring a Spanish Speaking Parent Educator!
Thrive believes that when families are strong, children succeed, and communities thrive.
The Parent Educator is responsible for providing education and support to our Spanish Speaking parents by:
- Developing, coordinating and facilitating various parenting classes, events, and activities throughout the year
- Meeting with parents one-on-one to identify and access community services/resources which relate to the family’s needs, identify and build upon their family’s strengths, and implement positive parenting practices
- Visiting parents in their home to help create literacy rich home environments and provide age appropriate developmental screenings and activities.
This position is designed to support our Spanish Speaking children and parents in order to promote the academic, social, and emotional success of children.
- A terrific Mission Statement: To ensure that all children have every opportunity to grow, succeed, and become valuable members of our community
- An outstanding, vibrant culture with an office located on the West side of Bozeman
- Comprehensive benefits, including: paid sick, vacation, and holiday time, health insurance, retirement contribution, great co-workers, and more!
- Strong written and spoken English and Spanish
- A passionate and strength-based approach to engaging our ELL families
- An understanding of the unique challenges and needs of our Spanish Speaking families
- Excellent engagement and relationship-building skills
- A team-based mentality
- Demonstrated experience with early literacy skills and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior and performance, including child and human development
- A four-year degree in social work, education, family science, or related field
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Or, an equitable combination of education and work experience
We’ll Also Love If You Have:
- A passion for seeing children and families thrive.
Note: This position may occasionally require the ability to be contacted for and/or participate in work-related events or tasks outside of normal working hours.
If you are a team player and thrive on bringing people together to accomplish a common goal in a positive and fast paced environment, please submit the following:
1) Cover Letter
3) Two letters of Recommendation
Please send to:
Attn: Chris Gianuario
407 S Ferguson Ave.
Bozeman, MT 59718
email to email@example.com
**Please put “Spanish Speaking Parent Educator” in the subject line.**
Compensation: Starting at $25/hour + Benefits
Employment type: 20-40 hours/week, negotiable, non-exempt
Parent Educator Job Description
Thrive is an equal opportunity employer. The basis for recruitment, hiring, placement, training, compensation, and advancement at Thrive is qualifications, performance, knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or experience. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Thrive may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.