What is Dynamite Dads?
Dynamite Dads, an event organized by Thrive's Parent Place, is a monthly opportunity for dads, uncles, grandparents or any male role model to spend quality time with the child they adore! Each event is free and dinner is provided.
- Different place each month!
Day and Time
- Third Wednesday of each month from 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Past Activities Include
- Fishing at Bozeman Ponds
- Football with MSU Bobcats
- Pumpkin Patch at Rocky Creek Farm
The goal of Dynamite Dads is to:
- Strengthen families and the father-child bond
- Improve quality of life for fathers and children by teaching and modeling problem solving and communication skills that increase attachment
- Improve fathers’ understanding of social-emotional needs of children through social activities
- Promote fathering/parenting skills that ensure healthy development
- Increase families’ support networks, thereby reducing isolation
- Increase opportunities for fun, healthy father-child activities
Free, fabulous family events right in your neighborhood:
August 27 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Thriving Sixths is the perfect opportunity to learn how to give your new sixth grader the edge in Middle School! Meet other parents, learn about resources available to students and parents, and get tips on parenting an adolescent. Join us for this free class presented by the SMS Thrive Parent Liaison Ashley Mares-Jones and SMS…
August 29 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Thriving Sixths is the perfect opportunity to learn how to give your new sixth grader the edge in Middle School! Meet other parents, learn about resources available to students and parents, and get tips on parenting an adolescent. Join us for this free class presented by CJMS Thrive Parent Liaison Betsy Pufahl and CJMS Principals.
September 3|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on September 4, 2019 at 12:00 am
Join your Irving Thrive Liaison, school staff, and other parents as we discuss the developmental norms for your kindergartener, how to create routines and a learning environment at home that will help your kindergartener be successful at school, and tips for partnering with your child's teacher to support them in becoming a Thriving Kinder.
Want to hear about free local events for the whole family?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know about upcoming free events for you and your family.