Free events for dads, father-figures, and the kids they love.
Join us for our free monthly event series that gives dads and other male care-givers the chance to be in the spotlight.
What is Dynamite Dads?
Dynamite Dads, an event organized by the Parent Place, is a chance for dads, uncles, grandparents, or any male role model to spend quality time with the child they adore! This event is free of charge and dinner is provided (plus has the added benefit of giving mom a night off!)
- Different place each month!
Day and Time
- Third Wednesday of each month from 6:00pm-7:30pm
Past Activities Include
- Fishing at Bozeman Ponds
- Potting Plants at Cashman’s Nursery
- Downtown Scavenger Hunt with Downtown Business Association
- Building with Kenyon Noble
- Fire Station Tour
- Pumpkin Patch at Rocky Creek Farm
The goal of Dynamite Dads is to:
- Strengthen families and the father-child bond
- Improve quality of life for fathers and children by teaching and modeling problem solving and communication skills that increase attachment and bonding
- Improve fathers’ understanding of social-emotional needs of children through social activities
- Promote fathering/parenting skills that ensure healthy development
- Increase families’ support networks, thereby reducing isolation
- Increase opportunities for fun, healthy father-child activities
Register for the Next Dynamite Dads
Free, fabulous family events right in your 'hood:
September 27 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)Weekly on the same day until October 18, 2016
Love and Logic Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun!® was developed by the Love and Logic Institute, Inc, and is taught by one of Thrive's professional staff members. This class will help you find specific answers and strategies for those difficult parenting moments- like establishing bedtime routines, dealing with tantrums, or getting dressed in the morning.…
September 29 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Thrive Parent Liaisons collaborate with Emily Dickinson Elementary school to offer this class that provides information and strategies for parents to ensure their child’s school success. Topics cover age-appropriate child development, building a strong learning environment, raising responsible kids, and setting high expectations and clear boundaries. Learn tips for partnering with the school to help your child…
September 29 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)Weekly on the same day until October 20, 2016
Parenting the Love and Logic Way® is a six-week course, developed by the Love and Logic Institute, Inc., will help you find specific answers and strategies for some of those difficult moments in parenting. These simple techniques will be geared towards elementary age children. This class will be led by your school Parent Liaison and it is designed to…
Like what you see?
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know about upcoming free events for you and your family.