Become a Girls on the Run Coach
"Coach" is a good name for you.
Become a Head Coach:
This position is for a volunteer with experience working directly with kids and an awareness of both their shared, and unique needs. The Head Coach:
- Works closely with the assistant coaches to facilitate the 7-10 weeks of the curriculum.
- Coaches 3+ hours per week during the 7-11 week season, falling primarily in the 3:30-5 pm time frame.
- Attends two practices per week, typically M/W 3:30-5:00 or T/R 3:30-5:00 pm.
- Attends training that includes a mandatory coaches training, and completing CPR/First Aid certification.
Become an Assistant Coach:
This position is for a volunteer with a strong commitment to kids’ positive development. The Assistant Coach:
- Works closely with the head coach to help facilitate the 7-10 weeks of the curriculum.
- Can attend both practices during the week or once a week; they must make at least a 6 week minimum commitment (we can also cater the commitment to your needs).
- Coaches 1.5-3 hours per week during the season, falling primarily during the 3:30-5:00 pm time-frame.
Become a Substitute Coach:
The substitute coach works closely with the each site to help facilitate the 7-10 weeks of the curriculum. The Substitute Coach:
- Is required to attend a minimum of 3 practices over the season.
- This entails 1.5 hours, 3 times during the season, falling during the 3:30-5:00 pm time-frame.